Saturday, February 15, 2014

Valentine Recap

IMG_6850
Hello! I hope you had a sweet Valentine’s Day.  I meant to pop in and post earlier, but I was dealing with multiple deadlines at the day job and a stint of on-call duty (ugh). 
I thought I would share a few photos of what we have been up to.
We made Rainbow loom bracelets for Hope’s class (printable from a crafted sparrow). The tags are cut using a scalloped 2 inch punch.  Hope was very pleased with her Valentines.  We started working on these bracelets a few weeks ago, a little at a time although there was a mad rush at the end. 
Although we have a Rainbow Loom, these bracelets are actually made using the Lil Loom method (a cork and two pushpins).  Hope is five and this is her preferred method of making loom bracelets.  Given its portability and low cost, this is a good method to introduce new friends to bracelet making without the expense of the loom.
IMG_6840
Up next : Lily made these little “psst I hear there is a love bug going around” hand sanitizer valentines. There is a Bath and Body Works in my office building so I like to keep an eye on their sales.  During the January sidewalk sale, the hand sanitizer holders were marked down to 13 cents and the mini sanitizers were marked down to 50 cents.   There are lots of different permeations of this idea floating around craft blogland.  She used thumb prints for the love bug and made each one unique.   We were inspired by this post at Sweet and Lovely Crafts  and my 1977 edition of Ed Emberley’s Great Thumbprint Drawing Book (maybe you recall that book!).
IMG_6841
IMG_6843
At the last moment, I realized that Hope was having a Valentine exchange at her after school program so we made these punch bag Valentine’s using the printable at a pretty cool life.  I just used our home black and white printer on card stock and she embellished with her name and stickers. 
IMG_6848
Last up: a couple of ol’ fashioned Valentines for the cousins.
IMG_6844
My husband is travelling so last night I took the girls to a family dance party at a local cafe.  I wasn’t sure how the girls would enjoy it as we only knew one other family, but they had a good time.   Lily was very interested in how playlists were made and the DJ’s equipment.
Valentinedanceparty
Have a great weekend!
signature

3 comments:

  1. I LOVE the valentines you all made! Great ideas! (no surprise.. you always have the best ideas for your girls)
    looks like you all had a great day.
    mine was a very quiet day as I was home sick. but tony cooked some steaks on the grill and I made a pineapple upside cake, so we celebrated a little bit. this was our 37th valentines day together!
    have a great weekend
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Valentines are just wonderful. I'm sure your girls enjoyed working on them with you. Love the bracelets especially. I hope you have a relaxing weekend. Sounds like a very busy work week and it's time to relax a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Valentine ideas! You are all so creative!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by. I love to hear what you think!